.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Friday, December 19, 2008

Well, Since We Were Discussing Portland

I had to go pick the Chief up at an airport in a snow-sleet storm today. I did not get too stressed out by the process, although I was pretty sure I'd never get back up the driveway. All the way there I kept thanking God that it wasn't happening in SGA, because at least in the north the drivers react by slowing down. In south Georgia, they react to road hazards by speeding up!

A) One of the funniest slow motion multi-car crashes I've ever seen. It's hard to believe anyone would be dumb enough to get out of the vehicle they were driving and try to manually brake!!! Luckily, no one gets hurt, and the tone of resignation struck by one of the passengers would make Marcus Aurelius proud.

B) Portland; a snow storm; a video camera - and history is made. I like the bit where they are yelling warnings from the top of the building. I break out in uncontrollable laughter every time I see this. This is what would happen in south Georgia.

C) Look down the road in this video - the Truck of Damocles is heading your way.

D) Contributed by TimF - this is a truly funny time lapse video, complete with soundtrack, of the Trail of $ Wheel Drive Tears. Few make it through. The few, the proud, the drivers with the sense to drive on the snow and not the slick! There are several close calls, but NO ONE GETS HURT.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?