.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Leaving On A Jet Plane...

Actually I'm not leaving on a jet plane, instead I am driving. I doubt I'll have internet access, so it's goodbye for four or five days at least.

In the meantime, I leave you to contemplate squirrel spies caught on the Iranian border:
"In recent weeks, intelligence operatives have arrested 14 squirrels within Iran's borders," state-sponsored news agency IRNA reported. "The squirrels were carrying spy gear of foreign agencies, and were stopped before they could act, thanks to the alertness of our intelligence services."

Iranian police commander Esmaeil Ahmadi-Moqadam confirmed the report, saying that a number of squirrels had been caught bearing foreign spy gear within Iran's borders.
The comments on the linked article are rather humorous. Such as:
Rocky the flying squirrel:
Made it to Tehran with the elite squad of Mossad trained squirrels. Just a matter of time before they infiltrate the nuclear power plants. Over and out.
No word on whether the Red Cross has been permitted to visit the detained squirrels.

Nobel peace prize winners are reputed to be organizing a series of protest marches in Europe against the dastardly CIA operatives. Word has it that the German police are seeking more information through diplomatic channels, now suspecting that the recent squirrel attack there was perpetrated by one of these operatives. The motive is reputed to be rage at reading the latest European pacifist's call to hang, draw and quarter Bush. (The squirrels are rumored to be fiercely loyal to the Bush-Cheney cabal. Unfortunately, they are the only contingent still loyal.)

I leave it to the brilliant but paranoid minds out in the blogosphere to determine whether my sudden trip has anything to do with this international crisis. (I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.) Believe me, the geese had nothing to do with it!! We are absolutely not releasing giant flocks of bird-flu infected geese on the Iraqi-Iranian border! I swear it!!! (But if you want to be cautious, try and shoot them all down anyway. It couldn't hurt, right?)

"Those who the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad." - Euripedes.

Comments:
It's very hard to agree with you. I think you don't know so much of history and geo-politics.

You might read the book "The Century of Sgufala", by Dick Brown.
 
I'll check it out. Thanks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?