.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Join The Marines

Soldier's Angel - Holly Aho is coordinating the Marine segment of blogs raising funds for Project Valour-IT. From November 2nd to the 11th (Veteran's Day), the drive is to raise funds for voice-activated laptops for the use of soldiers who have lost the use of an arm or hand through amputation or injury.

You can donate either by mail or by PayPal. See the donations page. Mine is going in by mail with a dedication to Corporal Jeffrey B. Starr of the Marines, who wrote these words in a letter he left on his laptop:
Obviously if you are reading this then I have died in Iraq. I kind of predicted this, that is why I'm writing this in November. A third time just seemed like I'm pushing my chances. I don't regret going, everybody dies but few get to do it for something as important as freedom. It may seem confusing why we are in Iraq, it's not to me. I'm here helping these people, so that they can live the way we live. Not have to worry about tyrants or vicious dictators. To do what they want with their lives. To me that is why I died. Others have died for my freedom, now this is my mark.
As Holly points out, she is not one of the big blogs, so a joint effort is required. But that's okay - the Marines are known for doing a lot with a little.


Comments:
This is a great thing you're doing, MoM. I've linked to it.
 
Esther, you are such a sweetie.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?