.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Spielberg And MoDo

Well, it turns out that Maureen Dowd may be correct. Theocracy is looming. The latest proof is this interview with Spielberg:
When the aliens finally arrive, Steven Spielberg expects them to be galactic good Samaritans like E.T. rather than the malevolent marauders of "War of the Worlds."

"I have to certainly believe what my heart tells me. That the first time there is a meeting of the minds between extraterrestrials and human beings, it's going to be friendly," Spielberg told The Associated Press in an interview looking ahead to his "War of the Worlds" saga, starring Tom Cruise.

"I can't believe anybody would travel such vast distances bent on destruction. I believe anybody who would travel such vast distances are curious explorers, not conquerors," Spielberg said. "Carrying weapons a hundred-thousand light-years is quite a schlepp. I believe it's easier to travel 100,000 light-years with their versions of the Bible."
Uh-huh. This is clearly the triumph of optimism over experience. He should spend a little time discussing this theory with some native Americans.

But I digress. The aliens will come bearing their Bible! Aeiiieieieieieiee! MoDo will dive under her desk at this news. Theocratic evil Bush-affiliated conquering aliens have infiltrated Hollywood. The end is nigh. Whimper.


Comments:
Spielberg reminds me of several of the kookier characters in the movie, "Mars Attacks"-which BTW is very funny.
 
I guess I'm going to have to see it then! I love funny movies. I like those hilarious science fiction movies of the 50's and 60's the best.
 
Haha. Great post, MoM! Spielberg is a nincompoop.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?