.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Visit Freedom's Zone Donate To Project Valour

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Comic relief

I'd never run into this before, and I laughed so hard I almost choked.

It reminded me of this DU thread I've been pondering, about a couple that's fallen on very tough times in the wake of 9/11 and yet is voting for Bush. One of the posters asked darkly (in part):
"How can these people, who have been so negatively affected during *'s term, even remotely consider voting for him? Is it racism? Homophobia? Xenophobia? Influence of Rovian fear tactics?"

Another person's opinion:
"My guess as to why

1. They see the cause of their woes as being the terrorists for carrying out the acts (analogy - murder victim's family blaming the killer and not the mayor) and the IT job lost due to the dot com boom which was mismanaged and went out of control.

2. They blame themselves for what they did not do in the good years - get a cheaper house with lower mortage, better cars (ie lower mileage and cost, lower insurance, et al) and they could have saved more by living cheaper which would help them get through the bad times.

And if you think those two things sound like a RW talking point memo - keep in mind they are RW and one could probablyt guess if that you asked them if they agreed with those two things they would agree."

I really don't know what RW means.


Comments:
RW - part ofthe VRWC I guesss....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?